Change can be scary, but hopefully this will turn out well. I moved the site from Joomla to WordPress. The new site’s theme is customized by me, using the Genesis framework (if you’re into knowing that kind of thing).
- It’s responsive now, so you can check patterns much more easily from a phone or mini-tablet.
- I added a Free Patterns Gallery, so you can see thumbnail images of all the free patterns at once! That’s something I’ve wanted to add for a long time. Just click an image in the gallery to get to the pattern.
- You can now subscribe via email to get notifications when new stuff is posted (form is near the bottom of the left sidebar).
- There’s a search field at the bottom of the left sidebar, and a sitemap link in the footer, in case you’re having any trouble finding anything.
- Best of all, I expect to finally add a couple of new patterns soon.
Of course it’s too much to ask that change like this come without problems, so please let me know via the contact form (link in the top nav bar) if you come across broken links or other problems. (Details help—instead of “I can’t download a pdf” something like “when I try to download the Amsterdam scarf pdf, it’s giving me a missing file error” will help me narrow down the problem faster.)